Thursday, November 15, 2007

no.3 : ocd

I have a trace of what is clinically called Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. According to Wikepedia, this is a psychiatric anxiety disorder most commonly characterized by one’s obsessive, distressing, intrusive thoughts and related compulsions (tasks or rituals) which attempt to neutralize the obsessions.

In English, (hehehe) it is an abnormality in one's behaviour and in my case, it manifests on several small and even trivial behavior I have.

I hate messy, unorganized room – either in the house or in the office. It bothers me if a picture hangs askew. I just have to fix it. I can’t bear to see one sheet jutting out from a stack of paper. I need to arrange it. I always want my shoes neatly lined on the shoe rack. I don’t want to see one single crease on my bed sheet; it has to be totally flat and taut across.

When I do my laundry, things have to be neatly and evenly lined on the clothesline. Socks have to be hanged in pairs. Shirts on hangers have to face just one direction, evenly spaced.

Even in the office, I don’t leave a messy table at the end of the day. Everything has to be on the exact same place where I want to find them the next morning.

And my wallet? I hate it if the bills are mixed up like a stew. I always arrange it in order from the smallest to the largest bill.

Fortunately, nothing major so far that can be cause of concern. As I said, it’s small, simple things that don’t hurt me or anybody around me. Afterall, there’s no law anywhere that forbids having a well-organized dresser or closet, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment