Tuesday, November 13, 2007

a lull

A dear friend who follows this blog closely asked me why I haven’t posted anything new lately. It’s been days since my last posting which is unusual because my previous postings were merely hours apart. So, for someone who visits this site regularly since I created it a couple of weeks ago, it was like riding a fast train which suddenly lost it’s steam and screeched to a halt.

Well, my most convenient excuse was that my modem bogged down, followed by a more convincing “I don’t have anything to write yet”. Well he wouldn’t be disappointed just like that so he sent me a loooonngggg list of topics to blog, plus a few more suggestions that are really cool, I think he’s been reading tons of other blogs (hehehe… peace Raoul!).

But honestly, I slipped – at least temporarily – into laziness that’s why. Sure my modem really went useless during the weekend coz I played with it’s settings, curious to find out how it was configured, then f****d up everything until I couldn’t fix it anymore (it’s not only cats that curiosity kills, really).

And the modem’s user guide is useless because it supports only until XP but not Vista! Darn! So I had to bring it to the shop again, waited for a couple of hours for the technician to give me his full attention while in the process holding back my frustration and trying to cool down my already boiling blood pressure. Nevertheless I was able to go online again last Monday.

The first thing I should have done is to post. But I didn’t. I just checked my e-mails, visited this site and just looked at the counter (which, by the way is still moving… thank heavens!) and never bothered to login.

And it’s not entirely true that I haven’t got anything to post. I realized it when Raoul sent me his suggested blogs. I suddenly remembered I have those topics covered in my old, unpublished works (there I go again… hehehehe) stored somewhere in some obscure corner of my USB. All I have to do is to find them, update/edit/fix them and make it more blog-worthy.

So just keep coming back coz you'll never know what i'm gonna post next!

No comments:

Post a Comment