Thursday, November 15, 2007

no. 2: zzzzzzzzz!!

I sleep on my sides. For whatever reason, I cannot sleep when I’m lying on my back so I have to do it sideways. I would normally toss back and forth, left to right, before finally settling in on my left side and doze off.

It wasn’t always like this. Coz I remember when I was a bit younger, I can only sleep when I’m lying flat on the bed. But a year or two ago, I changed my sleeping posture.

I once read somewhere that people who sleep like this are deep thinkers. So maybe I wasn’t doing this earlier coz I didn’t have much on my mind? Ah well, maybe that’s true.

Aside from the posture, it’s my sleeping pattern that’s totally off. I salute people of my age, and some of people I know who are a lot younger, who can discipline themselves by going to bed early. Coz I can’t.

I’m a night person. While most people are already having their dreams or nightmares, I’m still wide awake – watching television or running some fantasies or daydreams on my mind. (hmmm…do you still call it a day dream when you do it at night?!?)

Though I wouldn't say that I'm insomniac coz I think I don't have that extreme condition of staying up all night like a zombie. Insomniacs don't know the word sleepy. I do. It's just that the sandman visits me much later, probably after he has already tucked away most people in their beds. Blame it on my body clock that simply refuse to recognize whatever time zone I'm in.

So for the longest time, it’s always been a struggle holding a day job. Coz waking up in time to make it to a 9am clock-in, worse a 7:30am work, has always been a struggle for me. I really wish I had a different line of work and eternally given the 2-10pm shift. That way, I can sleep at 3am and stay in bed until mid-day. That’ll be heaven for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment