Saturday, August 22, 2009

My Pledge - 'Cultural Bonding' by My Two Cents

I wonder if the Youth Olympics participants get a chance to see this video. I do not have a good feeling about the international relations that will follow on from here. The guys in the Arabian robes must be wondering why they are part of national propaganda, when all they came to Singapore for was to be part of the Youth Olympics inauguration. Some other thoughts about the video too...... It looks like an informercial in its cookie-cutter editing styles. Some how the token insertions of pictures of Singapore student life do not add up to its overall message. But most of all, I must confess, my initial impression of it with seeing the Arabic robes was video that dealt with national security... I will not go into details.

No comments:

Post a Comment