Saturday, October 23, 2010

DS turns 3!

T’was exactly 3 years ago when I found blogger.com and created my first few blogs - all within the same day – excited eh! Actually, I found it through a friend in one of our kwentuhans na ang focus pa nong mga panahon na yon ay Friendster (remember FS? Hehehe). Sabi ko nga I’m not really into this type of social networking kaya wala akong FS account. Then Matt suggested blogging nga. Thanks to him, DS never looked back since then.

431 posts later, DS is still standing strong despite the onslaught of FB and Twitter that caused FS’ relegation to the museum of the fast-changing cyber world. While most of people I know shifted from blogging to the more enticing FB, I’ve remained contented in my little corner, typing away the hours for my next posting.

Blogging offered me the platform to live out one of my greatest desires – to write. Write about anything and everything that I wanted to say. Dito ko naibubuhos ang lahat ng aking lamang-loob. I mean the thoughts running in my head, the emotions filling up my heart, the cacophony of sounds my ears enjoy, the visual feast that feeds my eyes and sometimes even the food that my stomach is grumbling for.

I’ve written a lot from plain commentaries to intense opinions, dramatic bits of my life to intimate details of my persona, trivial bits of entertainment to morsels of useful tips about work, and life in ksa or life in general.

Luckily, na-appreciate nyo naman lahat yon and that is why I owe everyone who frequents DS a huge thank you. Starting with my followers na kahit hindi ko kilala in person or even by name, their leaving a signature in DS is something I do appreciate. Shubash Datta, Minagi, Erica Beingme, Zheldhane, Ludwig Bon MQ, Bjoy, Mil, Rikki Sonique, Adrianne, Kikokhenn, Billie Joe, Arpi Stankovics, Kim, Maccay (is it you Maccoy?) and Faheem Mustafa. Just looking at these names make me think DS is really international! Thanks guys. I hope I’ll come to know who the person is behind the alias.

Raoul, Ega and the rest of the adiks have been faithful to DS since it started. Seven’s favorite is the chatbox while Ega punctuates my posts evey now and then with his own personal comments. Nandyan din si JunC, Chuck, Matt, Yeng, Ricky, Maccoy at pati na ang kanilang mga dear wife na lagi namang starring sa pics ng aming mga bonding moments.

Friends from everywhere like Jonas and Cesar, as well as those who pass by silently tapos biglang mage-email sa akin telling me that they liked what they read. These kinds of feedback keep me fired up to do more instead of letting DS run aground.

I must admit na may mga pagkakataon na tinatamad akong mag-post. Just because feeling ko nauubusan ako ng iba-blog. Lalo na’t wala namang bago sa boring kong buhay. Sa tatlong taon ba namang pagsusulat, daig ko pa ang nagkaron ng column sa isang daily broadsheet. But whenever this lull happens, I’m always reminded that life is so varied and everyday is different from the last. Then I easily realize that I still have a lot of things to write about.

Kaya siguro matatagalan pa bago ko iwan, isara or even pabayaan ang DS. For the meantime, DS is here to stay. And stay it will as long as you are there not forgetting this cozy cyber corner of mine. At syempre, DS will stay as long as blogger.com is around!

No comments:

Post a Comment