Sunday, February 21, 2010

within my league

i'm a sucker for mean ballads with some fierce piano on the background. that's what stephen speaks' out of my league was all about. rich, poetic lyrics with an endearingly haunting melody, this song has undoubtedly captured all my senses. the song was released back in 2003, i've heard it a couple of times before but never really fell for it. only now that i got hold of a copy did i realize that it's one song worth going gaga for.
.
it's the only song in my media player now, on an endless repeat mode, playing at least a thousand times throughout my working day. it's also the single song, again on repeat mode, in my ipod that lulls me to sleep every night. call me crazy but that's what i am when i fall for a song! emo? not really. hell, i'm not even in love! i just thought it was a very good song. very contemporary yet talks about love in a very old fashioned way.
.
i'ts just a dud coz nothing is available in youtube for the original band video. there are many covers but i'd rather stick to this one coz it has the original song with the glorious piano playing as well as the inimitable voice of rockwell ripperger.
.
so let me share the song with you my dear friends coz i know you've also got some hopeless romantic genes hidden somewhere. enjoy!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment