Friday, January 30, 2009

a spark

I’m getting tired of sitting in an office 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. I’ve been doing it for soooo long now. In fact, I’ve gone past being bored with it quite a long time ago. And now, I think I’m right on the verge of being tired watching that clock move so agonizingly slow on workdays. I think I need a change.

Since I love writing, I’m seriously thinking of shifting to the print media. Maybe I’ll write for a magazine or broadsheet. Some column about life, work, culture or anything. Maybe about OFW where I have the first-hand experience to lend credibility to whatever I’m writing. No boss, just an editor. No time in/time out, just deadlines to beat. I can sleep anytime I want and get up as late as I want. That would be glorious.

If not, I’ll probably write some stories. For movies or for television, doesn’t matter. I’ve got some crazy story ideas stored somewhere in the dark recesses of my sometimes twisted mind. I've got better plots than those stories being published in one tabloid that some of my addicque friends loves reading. I’m sure one or two of my plots will make a blockbuster film or a top-rating ‘tele-serye’. Maybe I can give the televiewers some option aside from watching rehash of Carlo Caparas novels.

Better yet, I’d love to try the broadcast media where I can do a talk show. Afterall, I’ve got a lot to say on anything - highly opinionated, in case you haven’t noticed. Might as well put it to work to my profit. But not on the molds of Boy Abunda. Entertainment talk shows are a bit trivial. I’d prefer social commentaries. Though I might easily get death threats with my sometimes uncensored tirades, specially when I’m pissed off with our politicians.

So maybe I’ll just do the news. I’ve always envied those news anchors who are always wearing nice suits, just do a 30-minute news program and earns an indecent amount of money. Plus, the image they build among the public. Heck, these people can win any public office whenever they decide to go for it. Noli de Castro, remember? People think someone who reads the news properly can also be a good public servant. Duh.

So I’ll seriously consider these choices. When? Maybe soon. I’m just waiting for the right moment. And that spark. The spark that will ignite the desire to do things instead of just dreaming about it. And oh yes, I dream a lot in case you haven’t noticed! Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment