Tuesday, January 13, 2009

hotnothot 1

In previous postings, I usually dip my fingers on current events, giving my two-cents worth on the issues and call it ‘sawsaw’. Well, since it’s new year, let me change my ways. Or at least, let me change my vocab and make it more chic hehehe…

Without being so paris hiltony, let me call these commentaries hothot and hotnot. Here’s what I mean:

Hothot : My favorite Leah Salonga using the ‘F’ word in her multiply account! It was soooo cool! Leah, the ever-prim and proper, ultra-classy queen of theater/stage apparently lost her cool on the golf course mauling issue between a father and son politician versus a team of elderly father and teen-age son. She was obviously infuriated by the event and, much to her chagrin, exploded into a barrage of statements that could have shocked even her colorful PETA mentor Zenaida Amador. I almost fell off my chair when I read her comments. Unfortunately when i revisited her site to get the link, it's gone! Apparently she realized she should have not posted it. Darn. It was such a treat for me. (here's her link anyways... http://bigsis222.multiply.com/journal)

Hotnot : Some political pundits are talking of bringing back the death penalty because of the Alabang Boys issue. Ow com’n people! How many more times would this issue be discussed as if there is no other solution left to explore? I thought you have far more creative and inventive minds to counter the drug issue. Besides, we all know that it’s not the penalty they are worried about. They are untouchables so they don’t even bother worrying on being caught! As for the Alabang Boys, well I wouldn’t be surprised if after the grandstanding of most people involved in this issue has waned, the three will prowl the streets of Ayala Alabang again, freely. Hmmpp.

Hotnot : The siege of Gaza. No matter what your political color is, no matter what your religious belief is, I still don’t believe it’s reason enough to kill innocent children, women and the elderly. And it goes the same to all the merciless and senseless killings around the world. It always breaks my heart to see a life being snapped out by violence. It is not right. It never will be no matter what the reason.

Hothot : Manny slugging out his next opponent either in Wembley Arena or Madison Square Garden. That would be hot. Reportedly, these two venues are being considered to stage the next Pacquiao fight. They probably realized they’re missing out on some serious cash by letting all the fights stay in Vegas. And by serious cash I mean some 70 to 80 million green bucks in profit for a one-night, 2 to 3 hour fight at the most!

Hotnot : Technocrats and know-it-all pretenders again predicting the increase in price of that ever-precious rice. I don’t know what these people want the poor Filipino masses want to do – just die in misery? If you can’t say anything nice, then just shut the hell up. Look at the panic you created when you said that there will be massive rice shortage a few months back! Which turned out to be just another ploy to throw the poor Pinoys to the murky depths of despair. And here you go again. Cruel, heartless SOBs!

Okay, I’m turning hotnot here so I’ll just leave it at that. But believe me, I’ll be back for more. As the title says, this is just the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment