Sunday, December 28, 2008

no. 13: things i wanna do

As the year draws to a close, I asked myself kung ano ang nagawa ko this year that I have been wanting to do for the longest time. And I was happy to realize na natupad yong wish ko na maka-sakay sa isang long-haul train ride. Yon nga yong nagpunta ako ng Riyadh. Twice ko pang nagawa back in June and again in November.

Nakasakay na kasi ako ng cable car – one in Singapore and one in Tagaytay if you can call it cable car. Nakapag-horse back riding na rin ako once. Nakapag-snorkeling na rin ako.

But still I’ve got a lot of things I want to do sa buhay ko. Things that I want to do but never had the chance to. For one reason or another. Ke pera (the biggest reason), time or simply because of the lack of drive. But there are things that I really wish I’d be able to do in my life. Some will probably remain as dreams na lang but nevertheless, let me list them down:

- Go hang gliding. I’ve always wanted to be Superman who can fly whenever he wants to. But that’s fiction and hang gliding I think is the more realistic option. Parang hindi ko kasi kakayanin ang sky diving. Even bungee jumping. Both are too extreme for me.

- Watch any one of the four tennis grandslams. Mas maganda kung Wimbledon but Roland Garros, Australian or US Open will do. Basta dream kong makapanood nito coz I love tennis.

- Experience a hot air balloon ride. Again, it’s because of my love of heights. It would be nice if it will be a ride over the scenic landscape of an English or a French countryside. Now, this is more like a dream! Haha!

- Touch a dolphin. I know I should’ve visited Ocean Park when I was in Hongkong but I never did. That’s why I still haven’t touched one of these cute and lovable creatures.

- Play a grand piano. Of course, kailangan kong mag-aral muna which is gonna be a big challenge coz I’m a moron when it comes to reading musical notes. Pero gusto kong makatugtog ng piano. I’m not aiming for a Brahms or Rachmaninoff concerto. Kahit My Heart Will Go On lang pwede na.

- Go rapelling. Medyo extreme ito pero gusto kong ma-experience kahit sa isang mababang cliff lang. I wouldn’t dream of doing the Grand Canyon.

- Experience an opening or even the closing ceremony of an Olympic Games. Well, who doesn’t!

- Learn to swim. Yup, hindi po ako marunong lumangoy! I’ve been to so many beach resorts pero kakawag-kawag lang ako sa tabi. And when I’m in a pool, doon lang ako sa 3ft. O kaya sa pang-bata! Haha!

- Go to the ballet. I’ve always been fascinated by this dance form. But I just wanna watch Swan Lake, not doing the pirouette myself. Dancing for me is getting wild doing crazy stuff on a dance floor.

- Go on a camping trip. I want to sleep in a bag tucked under a tent and wake up to the chirping of a bird instead of my pesky alarm clock. It would be glorious to stretch and yawn while looking over endless greenery of a mountain range. Going back to nature is one trip I’ definitely want to do.

There you go. Ten things – some crazy, some definitely expensive things that I’d like to do in my lifetime, not including my ultimate dream of touring Europe. Well, maybe I can do one or two of these things next year. Or the year after. Bahala na. But one thing I’m sure off, crossing out the things in this list is gonna take a long, loooonggg time! Hahah!

No comments:

Post a Comment