Thursday, October 25, 2007

spidey the third

I’ve always been a self-confessed Spiderman fan. But this part of the spidey saga didn’t excite me as the first two installments did. Moreso, it made me a bit skeptic about what spidey will bring next.

Okay, the fast-paced, action-packed fight scenes are still there. In fact the last fight towards the end of the film is a bit over the top for me, it was too long and almost boring.

I think what I didn’t like in this film is the kind of villains introduced into the story. In part 2, tinanggap ko pa si doctor octopus (what’s he called again?). At least medyo plausible pa. But here, they really lost it. Dahil ang mga kontrabida, wala nang originality. A sandman? Anybody who’s seen The Mummy and it’s sequel will swear this is a copycat! And Spiderman as his own villain? Eh ginawa na rin ito sa Superman where he was given an alter ego as his antagonist! So what else is new?

I guess this is where these superhero movies are doomed. Wala na silang ma-introduce na character that is original and unique. I’ve said the same thing sa last version of Superman. Hindi na nakaka-tuwa ang mga villains nila. Corny. Thus you don’t enjoy the story anymore. Just the slam-bang action that you know was entirely due to the genius of computer graphic artists.

So it broke all box-office records daw. Good for them. Pero para sa akin, if the next installment will not bring back the charm of the first part, siguro maglilinis na lang ako ng mga cobweb sa ceiling ng bahay namin!

No comments:

Post a Comment