Friday, October 23, 2009

ds' 2nd

Two years na po ang DS today and with that, my huge thanks for the visits – be it habitual or simply passing by once in a while. It sure is nice to see that site visit counter moves, slowly as it may be compared to other blogs, but I’m thankful nonetheless.

I must say there were times that regular DS visitors are frustrated dahil madalang ang posting ko. That’s when laziness gets the best of me. Besides, mahirap mag-isip ng bagong materials to post specially if nothing is happening in my usually boring life.

Also, there were times that I was mulling over shutting down this site. Nakakasawa minsan. Nakakapagod. Two years must be like eternity specially in this ever-changing cyber world. 299 posts is not a joke and can only come from someone who’s got so much time in his hand (hmmm I’m exactly that!).

But whenever I think of what DS has done to me, para akong naka-energy drink and start thinking of news postings again. Coz you see, DS has given me quite a few things that I seem to have taken for granted.

Like friends. With DS, I was able to find new friends. Mga kaibigan na kahit hindi kilala personally but seem to be like long-time friends. Coz they decided that I can be a friend material based on what I wrote. And to me, that is more pure and sincere compared to someone getting in touch with me simply because I looked cool on a pic I posted online.

DS also allowed me to think beyond usual. Maraming sitwasyon that I could have reacted (and wrote) on a more usual manner. But I’m always challenging myself to be more introspective. Magandang exercise para sa isang utak na kung hindi gagamitin ay parang isang lump lamang ng gelatin sa ref.

It also helped me a lot to know more of myself. Coz whenever I’m posting something, I always reflect on what I wrote. And with that reflection comes so many things. May mga bagay pala na hindi ko nabibigyan ng pansin and yet I have a strong sentiment towards it. Or may mga paniniwala pala akong mas malalim pa than what I thought I believed in.

In short, you’ll still see DS crossing the 2-yr threshold. I ‘d go on writing and posting. For friends, and most importantly, for myself. Tingnan ko lang kung sino ang unang mag-sawa. Ako o ang blogger.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment