Tuesday, August 12, 2008

no. 10: i've never....

Been hypnotized by the Harry Potter magic. Ok, please, don’t look at me as if I’m weird or something. I just don’t get the Harry Potter story. I’ve never read any of the books. I’ve seen one or two of the six (or seven, I’m not sure) movies which I didn’t really enjoy the same way I enjoyed Stardust, Willow and The Lord of the Rings trilogy. I just don’t get Harry. Why? Beats me.
-
Rode the Friendster bandwagon. Ok, I found blogging very interesting. it’s a gift to people like me who loves yapping this and yapping that. But Friendster? I don’t know. I tried it. Even Facebook. But I haven’t got the hang of it. I guess I’m not really into social networking. I’m too boring to post cutesy pics and messages.
-
Smoked pot or tried recreational drugs. I smoke cigarettes. I drink occassionally. But not drugs. Never tried it and got no plans to. I don’t have any reason, nor the time and the money. But even if I have all these things, I still think I wouldn’t. I’m enjoying life at its purest. No need for drug-induced happiness. I’d rather be boring than stupid.
-
Had a confession. Yep. I already told you in one of my postings I’m not your typical Catholic. I’m God-fearing alright. But never a good Catholic whatever you mean by that. I never believed in many of the rituals going on inside a church. One of them is confessing. I communicate directly to God. I need no interpreter. Something might get lost in translation.
-
Been to Baguio nor Boracay. Been to several countries already but not to the two very popular local spots. Why? I dunno. Just didn’t have the time. But I made a promise I’d visit them soon. Coz I know I’m a big loser missing out on these beautiful places.
-
Ever had a Playstation. Even a PSP. The latest hand-held game I played was Star Force on my jurassic Nokia N70. I may be too old for the very fast paced and all too gory games with bloods a-squirting and heads a-flying. I’m too squeamish for that. Call me neanderthal but I’m still a Tetris fan by heart. Haha!
-
Understood Golf. They say it’s the sport of the rich and famous. Well, I’ll never be rich and probably stay a nobody coz I don’t get golf. For me, it was invented to provide reason for the lazy nobilities to use their feet for it’s original purpose. Whacking the ball then squinting your eye trying to find where it landed? I don’t see anything athletic in it. Ho-hum! (Guess I’m not the very boring type afterall!)
-
Liked horror movies. I’m not the type who believes in supernaturals. But show me something hideous or frightening and my very active imagination wouldn’t let go of the images. That’s why I don’t watch scary movies. I want to be entertained, not frightened.
-
Had a brush with the law. Even for the smallest offence. Not yet so far. And I’d prefer to keep it that way. Coz I can’t imagine myself being arrested, handcuffed and herded to a police station. Being behind bars is something I would never ever dream of in my entire life.
-
Hurt anybody physically. I’ve never used any of my extremities to inflict pain on anybody. Even as a child, I don’t recall hitting, slapping or kicking anybody. I'm too gentle you might say? Well, not too fast my dear. Coz when my tongue start lashing, its an entirely different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment